Agency: Bastion EBA
Turning eyeballs towards KIA with meaningful engagement at the 2019 Australian Open.
2019 marked the 18th year seeing Kia as the major sponsor of the Australian Open… the biggest sporting event in the southern hemisphere attracting over 705K visitors. They engaged us to conceptualise and develop an end-to-end sponsorship campaign. Our activations needed to launch the Kia Cerato by activating on their ATL campaign ‘Get Mean’. Data acquisition, brand perception and meaningful engagement were key pillars of success for Kia.
But, the AO is fast becoming a brand activation playground, people are no longer going for the tennis alone, and they certainly aren’t in the mindset to buy a car. So, how do we turn eyeballs towards KIA and drive meaningful engagement with the brand and the car?
We delivered 6 Kia experiences in and around Melbourne across a three week period:
- We helped fans engage with the newly launched Kia Cerato developing a custom made Carpool Karaoke game utilising cutting edge augmented reality technology.
- We delivered the very first Kia Surprise Sunday throughout Melbourne, surprising and delighting fans with special prizes and tickets.
- We helped bring the Kia Tennis Live Site to life through a sponsorship with Federation Square.
- We delivered a custom built display within prime location at Garden Square North of the Australian Open.
- We astonished fans at the VIK Ceremony held at Federation Square with a surprise appearance from Rafael Nadal.
- Finally, we seamlessly drove the above the line campaign into a real life experience for fans in the Kia ‘Get Mean’ custom game at Federation Square.
We helped KIA own the Australian Open
- 17k+ fans engaged across the 15 days
- 14k+ fans sat inside the newly launched Kia Cerato
- KIA data leads – KPI met
- KIA car sales leads – KPI met
- Test drives completed – KPI met